Wastewater Visibility News
NAWC Water Summit 2022
It’s been a great time at the NAWC Water Summit 2022. With nearly 300 attendees, this year’s National Association of Water Companies conference has provided an opportunity for learning, networking, and laying the necessary groundwork that is critical for the accessibility and affordability of safe, clean, and reliable water now and for years to come.
If you have never heard the NAWC Five Principles for Water Equity, they’re profound and worthy of us resharing here:
- Everyone should have access to water that is safe, reliable, and affordable. This is a national responsibility.
- The focus is on the customer. And NAWC water utilities members demonstrate their commitment to this principle in everything they do.
- Never compromise on providing safe and reliable water. Never means never, and it means despite rising water infrastructure costs, emerging contaminants and water quality concerns, extreme weather events, and the threat of cyberattacks.
- Invest in communities. Many of the pipes and mains in the US are reaching the end of their useful lives. Incremental and consistent investment in infrastructure is a strategy that keeps costs manageable for the utility and its customers.
- Develop partnerships and encourage water system consolidation. Partnerships are crucial. The drinking water sector in the United States is fragmented across more than 50,000 systems.
Eye-opening insights, right?
If you’ve missed this conference, you’re missing a lot. Thanks again to the NAWC Water Summit team for this outstanding event, to Keynote Speaker Admiral James Stavridis, USN (Retired), all the presenters, and the staff at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort who helped make our time here so enjoyable.
More Recent Posts
SubscribeGet news delivered straight to your inbox the day it gets published.
"*" indicates required fields